Recently, some of our readers encountered the wlansvc error 1068 error code. This problem can occur for a number of reasons. Let’s discuss some of them below.
PC running slow?
Matthew and the Software Expert
How do I fix WLAN AutoConfig service?
Press the Windows key + R and go to Services. msc” and then the ENTER key.Find “WLAN AutoConfig” in the list of services, right-click it and select “Properties”.Click “Start” and change the startup version to “Automatic”.Restart your computer.
Matthew is usually a freelancer who has written many articles on various technology related topics. Its main theme is the Windows operating system and everything connected with it. He has a passion for…
Posted: April Alt=””%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www 2019
Wireless autoconfig error 1068 occurs when your laptop or wireless network is not detected. Error 1068 returns the following error message: “Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on the regional computer normally. Error 1068: Failed to start service dependency or group.” Therefore, you cannot connect to the Globe Wide Web. So, how can each of us fix error 1068?
How To Fix Auto-configuration Error Wi-Fi 1068 On Windows?
How do I fix error 1068 the dependency service?
Enable Windows Firewall using the Run command.Temporarily get rid of your antivirus.Run anti-malware protection.Visit Windows Update.Expand the family administrators group.Reset adapter methoda.
- Restart your router.
- Run the network troubleshooter.
- Reinstall the wireless adapter driver
- Check adapter settings
- Restart automatic WLAN setup.
- Change Registration
- Fix files with System File Checker
1. Restart Your Router
How do I fix Windows wireless service not running?
Press the Win + R keys. The Run window may open normally.Enter services.Find the WLAN autoconfiguration service.If not, right-click the service and select Properties.Now change the startup type to “Automatic” and start the service.Click Apply, then click OK.
Try restarting your router first. This doesn’t always fix connection issues, but it often helps. So turn off your wireless router and wait a minute. If each router has a button, WiFi reporters turn off the signal. Turn the router back on and wait for it to fully initialize. Now your browser will open websites for sure.
2. Run The Network Troubleshooter
Windows has a special built-in network troubleshooter that you can use to fix connection errors. Thus, this troubleshooter can fix error 1068. You can open and run the expert-stated fix as follows This way.
- Press the Win+X key to open the Win-X menu.
- Select Control Panel to open the All tab and Control Panel Items.
- Select Troubleshoot from the tab below that opens.
- Then select Network and Internet to open the list of fixes below.
- Select Internet Connections to open the troubleshooter shown below.
- Click Advanced > Run as administrator to run the troubleshooter as an administrator.
- Press the key later to run the troubleshooter. As a general rule, follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve any issues you encounter.
- Alternatively, you can also run the Network Card Troubleshooter, which is very similar. This troubleshooter detects wireless problems and errors.water adapter.
Professional advice. Some PC problems are difficult to fix, especially when it comes to corrupted databases or missing Windows files. If you’re having trouble fixing the error, your system might be a bit corrupted. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your device and identify the error.
Click here to download and start recovery.
If you need a faster procedure, we recommend that you try a specialized and reliable driver updater such as DriverFix. It will repair and update your own drivers regularly so you can focus on other tasks.
4. Checking Adapter Settings
You should check if your adapter is enabled. To do just that, open the “Network Sharing Center” tab by clicking the Cortana button on the taskbar and typing “network and therefore sharing” in the search box.
- Select “Network” and therefore “Sharing Center” to directly open the loss shown below.
- Click edit map to open the tab below at the same time.
- You can now right-click on the Instant Boot Adapter to see if it’s enabled. I’d say no if you choose “Enable” from the context menu.
- If your adapter is enabled, select Disable from the context menu to reset it. Then select all the options to enable from the person’s context menu.
5. WLAN Restarts AutoConfig
Error messages sometimes contain troubleshooting instructions. Error 1068 indicates the automatic configuration of the WiFi service. Therefore, WLAN auto-configuration cannot be properly configured or enabled. Here’s how to change the WLAN AutoConfig settings.
- Press Win + R to launch.
- Enter “services.msc” in the “Open” text box and click OK.
- Now scroll up to see the Wi-Fi AutoConfig Service listed in this window. Wi-Fi
- double click AutoConfig to open the window below.
- The service must be running and offer an automatic startup type. Unless absolutely necessary, select Automatic from the drop-down menu for a specific startup type.
- Press the start button as if the service is not running.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Now restart the new Windows platform.
6. Edit Registry
- Editing the multi-line DependOnService file with the Registry Editor can sometimes also fix error 1068. To do this, open Run and navigate to regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- Then go to market to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesDhcp in Registry Editor. The fact that the compound string contains DependOnService is highlighted in the snapshot directly below %3C/svg%3E”>
- Double-click DependOnService to open the multi-line edit panel. In all text fields, remove the “Values other than Afd” text field.
- Click OK and close the Edit Multiple Lines window and exit the post editor.
- Next, users should alsoWe need to restart Windows.
7. Restoring Files With System File Checker
How do I fix Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on local computer?
Restart your router.Run the network troubleshooter.Reinstall the primary wireless adapter driver.Check adapter settings.Restart the automatic WLAN setup.Edit the registry.Restore the files using the System File Checker.
Corrupted network files can also cause WiFi connection errors. So, by running the system file checker, you will be able to recover these documents and fix error 1068. How to run an SFC scan in Windows
- Windows 10 and many users can open a command prompt by pressing the Win Critical + X key combination. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the main menu of the visitor. Optimize your PC now with this free and easy download.